Photo of the government Twilight Zone, let’s not enter here
“The jaws of power are always open to devour, and her arm is always stretched out, if possible, to destroy the freedom of thinking, speaking, and writing.” ~ John Adams
Every facet of American society is under siege, not by a foreign enemy, but by our own Administration. Some say that what we are seeing is a deliberate attempt by the Administration to collapse our capitalist system so a new utopian society can arise from the rubble, one in which wealth is redistributed more justly by an all-powerful, all-knowing government.
Are we watching an historical and fundamental change taking place without fully realizing what’s happening? We have lived so well for so long in this free country of ours that we simply can’t believe hope and change meant anything but more of what we already have.
We might do well to heed the words of Samuel Adams who said, “If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
If the Obama Administration continues along as it is, will the government one day control our every basic need? Will they control our thoughts through lies and propaganda, our speech with laws and bully tactics, our children’s education with a nationalized curricula controlled by them, even our movements using social engineering?
Does it sound absurd?
The steps are in place to make it happen:
1. Our economy is eventually going to crash and burn. It will happen if we continue on as we are. There is no effort by anyone in the administration or in the Democratic party to cut anything.
The Census Bureau reports that as of the 4th quarter of 2011 – the latest figures available – 27% of the population are on welfare and receive Medicaid, the fully-subsidized government healthcare.
More people are now receiving welfare than are working full-time according to IBD. Welfare is our nation’s Number 1 occupation.
More than 13.4 million Americans are living in subsidized housing.
Forty-nine million Americans are on food stamps.
Mr. Obama is doing some serious damage to the banks with Dodd-Frank.
He is shoring up Wall Street by printing money. The Federal Reserve is bailing out banks every month with $80 million dollars. They would only be doing it for one reason – the economy is in terrible shape. That should terrify people.
We have no idea what is going on in the Federal Reserve and they will not allow the audit which has been approved by Congress on a bipartisan vote.
“The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.” Patrick Henry once said.
2. Obamacare is currently putting the majority of people who are losing their health insurance into the government-funded, substandard Medicaid, not the exchanges.
This will bring us into a single payer system sooner rather than later.
Obamacare was sold to us under flagrantly fraudulent circumstances. We were told that we would keep our healthcare plans if we liked them and Mr. Obama knew or should have known that the statement, which he made over-and-over again, was untrue. In 2010, his own officials said that at least 93 million Americans would lose their healthcare plans in both the employer-based and individual healthcare markets.
The goal is to give all control over our health to the government.
Dwight D. Eisenhower fought for freedom and understood its value more than most men. He said, “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.”
3. Common Core will nationalize education. The idea of set standards is a good one but the testing evolving around the Core will have the effect of nationalizing education, something which can be abused by the government. New York’s state teacher’s union is already recommending instructional lessons aligned with Common Core that can only be construed as brainwashing. Many lessons are socialist. They are teaching our children to be future occupiers, not leaders.
Mr. Obama has control of college loans and is using taxpayer money to fund people he believes deserve grants and awards.
Are you aware that Janet Napolitano is using $10 million of our taxpayer dollars to educate people here illegally, in a country where higher education is unaffordable for many citizens? The people here illegally will be taught leftist ideology for free in the California university system that Napolitano just took over.
Abraham Lincoln once said, “To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.”
4. Our energy sector will be decimated with the new EPA regulations. Mr. Obama no longer hides the fact that he is destroying the coal industry. The EPA is holding hearings throughout the country on the issue, but Doug Ross at Director Blue has a nice map of hearing locations on his site which proves they are avoiding the coal states.
It’s coal now, but the administration will eventually move on to oil and gas by taxing them into a limited-use existence. Anyone who believed the Keystone pipeline would be built under this administration wasn’t paying close enough attention.
“I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation, ” President James Madison once said.
5. Mr. Obama has his hand in the housing industry and believes in social engineering. When our utopia is established, neighborhoods will be organized by the government. Where you live and how you live will be determined by the elite. They will be walkable and stackable communities wherever possible and the rest will be left to nature.
Mr. Obama wants his own bank from which he will dole out money for housing.
He is currently using the FHA like the government once used Fannie and Freddie – to buy homes for those who can’t afford them. It’s all part of the social engineering program and it could set us up for another housing bubble.
“They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
6. One of the things that stands in the way of an all-powerful government is God and his churches and synagogues. I’d add mosques but for now they appear to be protected. The HHS mandate is a direct attack on people of faith. The mandate forces them to violate their conscience and accept a government mandate to provide coverage for abortifacients, birth control, and sterilizations to employees in religious institutions.
The government is defining what a a religious institution is and telling religious people they are allowed freedom of religion unless it conflicts with the government dictates.
“Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants.” ~ Benjamin Franklin. To Atheists I say that the idea of inherent rights should guide you, not tyrants.
7. The Second Amendment is under constant assault. That is obvious or at least it should be.
“I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.” ~ George Mason
8. Free speech is allowed unless we offend someone. PC is replacing our First Amendment.
Mr. Obama recently weighed in on the name of the Washington Redskins. If it offends, it must go, even though only a very small number of people would take offense at something that is meant to be a compliment.
Click on this link and check out the free speech bans on virtually every college and university in the country to understand where this administration thinks we need to go.
People who oppose Mr. Obama are bullied or called racists, obstructionists, radicals. They are silenced out of fear from his attacks, most of which are lies.
Mr. Obama continually demonizes Fox News for opposing him; he is now after Talk Radio; and he is telling insurance companies not to talk about the abysmal numbers signing up for Obamcare. The White House even called up a Democratic commentator – Bob Beckel – and told him to stop talking negatively about the Obamacare rollout.
When I attended a conference of, by and for Socialists and Communists at NYU this year, I went into a book sales event. The books were shocking, at least to me. Stories about traditional Americans like Ronald Reagan portrayed them as dangerous extremists. Stories about murderers like Che Guevara or Communists like Cesar Chavez falsely glorified them and their ‘contributions.’
The radicals are not the Tea Party, they are Mr. Obama and his people.
9. Privacy is gone. The NSA spies on everyone and everything; the Obamacare data hub has all our personal and financial information; we have data mining in Common Core to track children; and there are drones flying about freely, collecting our information. Now the government wants to put black boxes in every car, some already have them and people have not been told. My smartphone knows where I am at all times and so does At&t and the government.
10. The Tenth Amendment and states rights have been under constant assault. Click here to see one way in which states have been fighting back. Some Senators have condemned states rights and the right of the states to nullify federal law. One Senator has even said that those who believe in it should be ‘shot and hanged.‘ There was a time he would have been run out of town for his anti-constitutional stance, now, no one seems to notice. We are a complacent society.
The only problem with Mr. Obama’s utopian vision is the government gets our stuff, doles it out, and we must then lose our right to choose. We lose our freedom in exchange for government authority over every key facet of our lives. The government will take care of us and we will be wards of the state.
The government hopes to impose its will on us with the help of the statists in our society. It might be best to heed the words of Abraham Lincoln: “I have always thought that all men should be free; but if any should be slaves, it should first be those who desire it for themselves, and secondly those who desire it for others. Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on them personally.”
Theodore Roosevelt will speak to us now if we will listen: “Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does NOT mean to stand by the President or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country.”
Bill O’Reilly, host of the O’Reilly Factor on Fox News, had some powerful talking points on this very issue this past evening:
President Abraham Lincoln, Speech, Springfield, Illinois, Dec 20, 1839:
“Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert, but that I never deserted her. I know that the great volcano at Washington, aroused and directed by the evil spirit that reigns there, is belching forth the lava of political corruption in a current broad and deep, which is sweeping with frightful velocity over the whole length and breadth of the land, bidding fair to leave unscathed no green spot or living thing; while on its bosom are riding, like demons on the waves of hell, the imps of that evil spirit, and fiendishly taunting all those who dare resist its destroying course with the hopelessness of their effort; and, knowing this, I cannot deny that all may be swept away. Broken by it I, too, may be; bow to it I never will.
The probability that we may fall in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just; it shall not deter me. If ever I feel the soul within me elevate and expand to those dimensions not wholly unworthy of its almighty Architect, it is when I contemplate the cause of my country deserted by all the world beside, and I standing up boldly and alone, and hurling defiance at her victorious oppressors. Here, without contemplating consequences, before high heaven and in the face of the world, I swear eternal fidelity to the just cause, as I deem it, of the land of my life, my liberty, and my love.
And who that thinks with me will not fearlessly adopt the oath that I take? Let none falter who thinks he is right, and we may succeed. But if, after all, we shall fail, be it so. We still shall have the proud consolation of saying to our consciences, and to the departed shade of our country’s freedom, that the cause approved of our judgment, and adored of our hearts, in disaster, in chains, in torture, in death, we never faltered in defending.”